Bai B S Bengallee Girls’ High School was built by Sorabjee Shapoorjee Bengallee in memory of his mother, Bai Bhikhaijee Shapoorjee Bengallee, and in token of his filial love and gratitude for all that she had done for him.
The full name of the Bai B S Bengallee Girls’ High School is “Bai Bhikhaijee Shapoorjee Bengallee Girls’ High School”. The original school was a fine bungalow, situated at the junction of Parsi Bazaar Street and Sir Pherozeshah Mehta Road. The School was only for Parsee girls back then. For the first time in 1944, the students were sent for the Matriculation Examination.
With the passage of time, the old building gave way to a new edifice in a new locality. In 1952, the new building comprising of five storeys was completed. It was located at Sir Vithaldas Thackersey Marg, formerly known as New Marine Lines.
The School is managed by The Parsee Girls’ School Association (PGSA) ever since its inception in 1858. The aim of PGSA is ‘Service to Girls’ Education’.
CLICK HERE, to know about colleges.