The institution was originally established as a Boarding House in April 1911, in Ajmer exclusively to care for Christian orphans. Named after the Saint Angela of Merici, the Saint who cared for the poor orphans, the orphanage was transferred to Jaipur on 25th February, 1926. The institution still exists and caters to poor, underprivileged Catholic children. In course of time the day – school, now known as St. Angela Sophia Sr. Sec. School was started; the first day scholar was admitted in 1928. Since then, the institution has opened its doors to children of all creeds.
St. Angela Sophia School is administered by the Mission Sisters of Ajmer who have dedicated their lives to God and are rendering devoted services in the field of women education and the upliftment of humanity. It is one of the links in the chain of the Sophia Schools in Rajasthan. It is under the jurisdiction of the Director General / President of Roman Catholic Diocesan Education Society, Ajmer.