Mrs. Seema Saini, CEO & Principal , N L Dalmia Educational Society, Thane
Active participation in these MSR activities creates more confidence and positivity towards serving the community, society and the nation at large and the School endeavors to march ahead with more MSR activities year after year, and be a trendsetter for others to follow.Mrs. Seema Saini
N.L. Dalmia High School since its genesis has offered itself as a shell for sheltering and fostering human minds from their raw state to mature, empowered innovators and discoverers.
Teachers not only transfer knowledge but are also available to guide, mentor, counsel and/or advise the students. Adaptive teaching practiced by the competent team of teachers at NLDHS helps gauge the student’s previous and current learning in order to create a personalized path through educational content.
We always consider students as our topmost priority. As the number of students today experiencing mental health problems is on rise due to the pandemic, the school should handle them with care. The pandemic has completely changed young people’s lives, disrupting school and their daily routines. Worrying about their safety, being unable to see friends and family, and fears about their futures have contributed to an increase in child mental health problems.
Our school has taken these initiatives to take care of our students’ mental well-being;
- Encouraged students to talk to each other, interact with people and be open to reach out.
- Divert minds of students from the situation, making them talk about various things, share ideas and overcome the feeling of isolation.
- Encourage students to focus on hobby development like painting, reading, music, dance, etc. The school organized virtual tours and movie time. This has helped to hit the refresh button, providing clarity, calmness and creating excitement.
- Exercise is known to boost physical and mental energy, so we make students and staff involved in a range of activities. School-based Practical Assessment (Music, Dance, and Yoga) was incorporated in the timetable along with Socially Useful Productive Work.
- Teachers organized celebrations on various festivals and also planned constructive summer break activities.
Pressure comes from within and must be mastered from within. The pandemic indeed had an adverse effect on students across the globe, leaving their mental health in a state of disarray. In a nation where there is a premium on academics, students of grade tenth tend to bury themselves under the unnecessary societal pressure. This was well noticed by the school, and hence a session with the school counsellor was held for the students. It was, undoubtedly, an enriching session for all. The counsellor asked the kids about their problems and addressed them in a compassionate manner. Most of the students confessed that the worry of not being able to score well in their board exams was something that they just couldn’t overcome and it affected their concentration to a great extent. They were advised to think positively and have a calm approach towards studies, make timetables and follow them, and to not let the fear of the future disturb their present.
To maintain mental well-being in the pandemic is a key concern that the school is continuously focused on, for which we ensure that students connect with teachers, classmates and their family, by means of discussion, breakout rooms, sharing positive experiences, etc. The students are encouraged to have a sense of empathy through MSR activities and the school extends its support to students or family members in need.