The University of Delhi (DU) is likely to begin the registration process for this year’s admissions by July 15, according to the varsity’s pro-vice-chancellor PC Joshi. The varsity conducts the undergraduate admissions based on merit lists and more than 90 per cent of DU applicants are students from the Central Board of Secondary Education.
“This decision has been taken because of the unprecedented Covid situation. We are with the Government of India. Our admission criteria will strictly be based on merit. We will honour the Board’s criterion,” Joshi said.
The university had earlier sent a proposal to the University Grants Commission (UGC), according to which 50 per cent weightage could be given to the Class 12 marks and the rest to a CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test). However, with the current situation of the pandemic and the possibility of a third wave, DU officials said it is unlikely that CUCET will be implemented this year, and therefore, the CBSE criterion would be followed while declaring cut-offs.
161 total views